An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Home : Articles
Would you stake your life, right now, on the condition of your equipment?
NEWS | Feb. 6, 2024

Watercraft: Sanitizing Sink Heater Replacement

BLUF: Replace your watercraft’s faulty sanitizing sink heater with NSN 4520-01-200-9402.
Mariners, if your vessel is equipped with a Hatco® model 3CS-6 sanitizing sink heater, you can replace a faulty unit with NSN 4520-01-200-9402.
Sanitizing sink heater comes with NSN 4520-01-200-9402
Sanitizing sink heater comes with NSN 4520-01-200-9402
Before removing the old heater, use proper lock-out and tag-out procedures to ensure personnel safety.
Be sure to use plumber’s putty, NSN 8030-00-221-3823, instead of caulk when installing a new heater. The heat generated by the heating element can melt caulk.
Order plumber’s putty with NSN 8030-00-221-3823
Order plumber’s putty with NSN 8030-00-221-3823
When installing the heater, it’s easier to connect the electrical wires before connecting the heater to the drain because workspace is limited.

Just be sure not to tug on the electrical wires when installing the heater. That could cause a loose electrical connection and lead to a heater that doesn’t work.
Want to get better search results faster? 
Click the link below to access our "how to" guide
After entering a keyword, you must hit or click the Search bar/box below for the function to work.
Simply hitting Return won't yield results.
Note about links to archive articles

If you come across a link to a pre-2014 PS Magazine issue or article that uses LOGSA in the web address (URL), use this link instead:
For issues/articles from 2014 and after, click on the Archive/Index tab in the top menu of this website.

BE ADVISED: With the migration to Army365, emails in older articles may still reflect an address. To update, change the domain to