Over the holidays, MSG Half-Mast made a trip “over the pond” to visit merry ‘ole England, specifically London. While there, he made a stop at the Imperial War Museum to take in the various exhibits and learn more about the UK’s experience fighting many of the same wars we’ve fought, many we haven’t and how it envisions the future of both war and peace.
Here are a few images from that visit:
Right click on any photo and open in a new window or tab to view larger image
He’s seeking more such trips and experiences and is calling on PS
readers to click on the image below to print and cut out their own Flat Half-Mast and then photograph him at any of the following:
- US battlefields or memorials, here and abroad
- Military museums or displays
- Historical monuments with a connection to military history
- Local military-related monuments or statues
- Veterans’ (VFW, American Legion, IAVA) halls or events
- Military unit events, ceremonies (such as changes of command) or gatherings
- Maintenance Mondays or other maintenance-focused events
Be mindful of OPSEC when you take your photos and, it should go without saying, that they should be in good taste and positively reflect you, your unit and your service. If you have any doubts, get with your unit public affairs officer, specialist or representative for guidance.
Send your photos to the email below with a brief description of the place or event Flat Half-Mast is visiting or participating in and we’ll post them on our website and selectively on our social media platforms.