The Combat Service Support (CSS) Automated Information Systems Interface (CAISI) 2.0, LINs A40443 and P99881, has transitioned from Product Director, Defense-Wide Transmission Systems (PD DWTS) to the Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC).
The following hardware items are now sustained by CECOM LCMC:
- OL-701A/TYQ CAISI Bridge Module (CBM), NSN 5820-01-564-4845, LIN P99881
- MK-2975A/TYQ System Support Representative (SSR) accessory kit, NSN 5999-01-566-3094, LIN A40443
- AB-1244/GRC-1 antenna mast kit, NSN 5985-01-616-6192, which is included in each CBM and SSR kit.
Antenna mast and cases
Units must order replacement CAISI components through the Army supply system. Turn in unserviceable equipment through normal supply channels. Units should coordinate with their local Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO) for field-level maintenance support.
Breaking It Down
The OL-701A/TYQ CMB kit is the operational system in the field. It consists of two (2) cases.
- Case 1 contains the necessary system components for operation.
- Case 2 contains the antenna mast, which is used for support.
The MK-2975A/TYQ SSR accessory kit is maintained and stored by the SASMO. It consists of three (3) cases.
- Case 1, the SSR CBM transit case, contains the authorized stockage list (ASL) equipment in support of field-level maintenance by the SASMO.
- Case 2 is the SSR accessory case and contains all the components you’ll need to configure, set up and test the system in the field.
- Case 3 is the AB-1244/TYQ antenna mast case, which serves as a spare mast kit.
Be advised that the SSR CBM case (Case 1) has the exact same configuration as the CBM case, OL-701A/TYQ. The two (2) cases only differ in color; typically the SSR CBM case is black and the CBM case is green. However, there may be instances during sustainment where SSR kits will be issued with a CBM case (green) substituted for the SSR CBM (black).
If your unit needs OL-701A/TYQ, first check to see if transfer of excess is available from other units or from an inactivating unit. If not, submit a requisition for the OL-701A/TYQ system using NSN 5820-01-564-4845. It’s the stand-alone system.
If your unit only requires the replacement of a failed line-replaceable unit (LRU), buy replacement parts using “funded” requisitions from the Army supply system in order to restock components taken from the MK-2975A/TYQ, which is maintained and stored by the SASMO. A complete list of system NSNs can be found in the CAISI TMs.
Note that NSNs for the OL-701A/TYQ and MK-2975A/TYQ are CECOM-managed (B16), including the antenna mast case end item, NSN 5985-01-616-6192. However, the NSNs assigned for the subcomponents of the antenna mast case are managed by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
To order individual CAISI items, use the CAISI hardware component description tables in the attached PDF:
Click on image above to view full PDF
You can find more info on CAISI operation, maintenance and repair parts, and special tools in TM 11-5895-1897-13 (Apr 15) and TM 11-5895-1897-23P (Apr 16).
Get the TMs from the PdL UNCI website at:
Or you can also get both TMs from the Army Enterprise Portal at:
TM distribution is restricted, so you’ll need to log in with your CAC first. Then choose the “ETM/IETM” icon and search for the TMs.
For hardware questions, email CECOM item manager Cheryl McCall at:
Or contact CECOM ILS manager John E. Slade, Jr. at: