Taking ownership and pride in assigned vehicles and equipment is vital to ensuring personal, unit and fleet readiness. Without this personal investment and active involvement, Warfighters fail to ensure preventive and scheduled maintenance gets done when it should and by the book. This failure, in turn, results in non-mission capable (NMC) vehicles and equipment, which negatively affects overall combat readiness.
Do you have or work alongside a Warfighter* in your unit/organization who takes full ownership of their assigned vehicle(s) and equipment?
Do they complete all their preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) with pride?
Do they exhort their peers to do the same? Are they serious about being combat ready at all times?
Then nominate them for the PS Magazine I Own This campaign, where they’ll be featured on the magazine’s website.
The campaign works like this:
- Complete the nomination form located HERE. Nominations will be accepted on a rolling/ongoing basis and anyone can nominate a Warfighter so long as they have daily, working knowledge of the Warfighter’s exemplary behavior.
- At the end of each calendar month, one name among those submitted over the prior 30 days will be selected at random. The reason for making it random is to avoid concerns about the fairness of the selection process and to lessen the administrative burden of running a monthly selection panel.
- The magazine’s supervisory editor will communicate with the commander of whomever is selected to ensure the commander concurs with the nomination and endorses the recognition, unless he or she made the nomination.
- A photo or two the nominated Warfighter beside or with their vehicle or equipment is encouraged with all nominations. Please ensure, however, they're OPSEC-compliant and don't include any security violations. You can email your pictures separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure to include the Warfighter's name and relevant caption information.
- Although the randomly-selected Warfighter will be prominently featured, the names of all nominated Warfighters, along with a brief explanation of the reason, will be included on the I Own This campaign webpage created for that month. Nominees will also appear on PS’s social media platforms and its newsletter.
: Currently the "I Own This Campaign" is focused on uniformed personnel of all service branches. At some point in the future, the campaign may be opened to civilian personnel or a separate, parallel campaign launched.