Putting an end to foreign object damage (FOD) starts with you taking steps to check for foreign object debris (FOD) on the flight line and picking it up.
On the flight line or anyplace where aircraft land, FOD is a never-ending battle. So make FOD checks a regular part of your routine. When you’re on the flight line:
- conduct regular FOD walks.
- perform FOD sweeps with ground equipment.
- maintain clean and orderly work areas to ensure a safe and FOD-free environment.
- be aware of what’s on the ground around you at all times when the aircraft rotors or propellers are turning.
- emphasize your FOD program with training, involvement and teamwork.
Get the facts on safety issues from the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center website at: